Nicolas Caicoya is an award winning director from Spain. He started directing commercials at the young age of 25 after having gone to film school and working for directors such as Pep Bosch and Frederico Brugia.
Nicolas established his memorable storytelling style early on in his career. His work is infused with an unexpected hyper reality and lightness. Nicolas’ sensitive hand with actors and real people lend his films strong performances. His style is best represented in a series of iconic Ikea commercials that earned him many awards all across the advertising world as well as his commercials for Atletico Madrid which earned him two Bronze Cannes Lions.
In addition to working all across the Globe, in the US Nicolas has directed campaigns for the likes of Samsung, Canada Dry and Ikea for Agencies such as Leo Burnett Chicago, Ogilvy NYC and McGaryBowen NYC.
Nico speaks four languages fluently: French, Spanish Italian and English and is a citizen of the world.
• SOL San Sebastian 2010 bronze sol – Red Cross
• SOL San Sebastian 2009 bronze sol – Mahou beer
• SOL San Sebastian 2008 Gran Prix – Ikea “don t play in the living-room”
• APPE 2008: Best Spanish Commercial of the year, Best Campaign – Ikea
• Cannes 2006 –Bronze Lion – Atletico de Madrid “Letter Home”
• EL SOL San Sebastian 2006 Silver Sun – Atletico de Madrid “Letter Home”
• Cannes 2005 – Bronze Lion – Atletico de Madrid “associate no.1 ”
• EL SOL San Sebastian 2005 – Golden Sun- Atletico de Madrid “associate no.1”
• APPE 2005 – Best commercial of the year – Atletico de Madrid “associate no.1
• Festival Of Children Advertising 2005 – Golden Pasafire – Imaginarium